Thursday 4 June 2015

Music Crush #19

I've missed writing these sooooo much!

I debated for quite a while as whether to make this my music crush or not, but I've been in love with this musician so I figured I'm just going to go for it. Although, I'm pre-warning, if you fall in love with this rendition of this song as much as I have, it's not available to buy. Yet. Hopefully this guy will get signed soon and then I can listen to his beautiful voice all the time.

Calum Scott

~ ~ ~

Dancing On My Own


He has one of those voices that I can quite happily listen to on repeat for hours and days on end and not get the slightest bit bored of. It's thanks to one of Britain's biggest TV shows that I heard him too; he appeared on Britain's Got Talent, singing this song in his first audition, and I couldn't take my eyes away from him. His voice has that haunting edge that makes it hit you with every bit of emotion he pours into it - which is a lot

For his second appearance, on the live shows of the program, he sang a cover of We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off, and I can safely say I've never heard it sang as well as when he did. It was truly stunning. 

In  addition to that incredible voice of his, he seems like a genuinely lovely guy too. In any interviews I've seen with him, he's definitely managed to melt a lot of hearts and I'm sure he's going to break a lot too with that whole clean-cut look he's got going on!

He didn't win, for those of you wondering, however, he made it to the final and he was one hell of a contender. I'm living in hope that a record label is going to snap him up because they'd be stupid not to - I'd buy his music instantly, with no arguments!

Well, here's his version of Robyn's Dancing On My Own. And I've also put his version of We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off below as well, because if you don't fall in love with him as quickly as I have then we're going wrong somewhere!





Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment