Saturday 5 July 2014

Exciting Days!

Hello!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday but the day suddenly got really busy, really quickly!

I thought I'd give you a little update of what's happened over the past few days because I've been a busy, buzzing bumble bee!

I feel like I've done nothing but run around since Wednesday, when I went to see my great aunt. It all started to get super hectic Thursday though.

I had to be up at 7AM on Thursday morning and, can I just point out, I don't think I've gotten up that early for about a year now, considering most of my lectures were after 10AM - it nearly killed me (of course I'm not exaggerating)! Anyway, I had to be up early for an orthodontist appointment, then I was meeting my best friend, Feef, so we could go to Newcastle for the day and have one of our epic and wonderful shopping days! We literally only made the train with seconds to spare but hey ho! What fun would it be if we were always organised... 

We did nothing but chat the entire way to Newcastle, and the whole time we were there. And the whole way back, actually. We just talked. A lot. We have one of those incredible friendships where we can talk about anything and everything without even thinking about it, and we can make fun of each other but if anyone else does it, they're dead meat (not literally, obviously, I don't advocate violence... Seriously though, we always have each others backs). Our day in Newcastle started with a lovely meal in Pizza Hut; it was yummy - I'm one of those awful people that goes to somewehre called Pizza Hut and gets pasta because what's the point in going with the flow, right? It was delicious though, without a doubt, one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. 

We also had a lengthy discussion about tattoos (something I'd love to know your opinion on, by the way, I know not everyone is a promoter of tattoos). I personally wouldn't mind a tattoo, I'm just not sure if I could handle the pain, and I wouldn't know where to get it either. I like tattoos as long as they're not too big; I don't really like the whole cover-your-body-in-tattoos-because-it's-so-cool look and, I'm not meaning to be sexist here but I know everyone will say it sounds like that, I don't think girls suit having heavy tattoos, like sleeves or a whole leg covered etc., I do love to see other peoples tattoos though and get to know the meaning behind them.

We spent over an hour and a half in Primark and I'm sure over half an hour of that was spent in the fitting rooms! Of course, we needed a coffee break after that (any excuse). A trip to Boots ended up in me spending £15 on an eyebrow pencil - don't ask - after Fee persuaded me I was in desperate need of it, which I'm sure I am... Maybe. It's okay though, we went to New Look after that and I told her that the denim jacket she was looking at was a necessity and a bargain, plus, every girl has a denim jacket in her wardrobe; it's a staple. Apart from me, oops! We went other places too but our feet were killing by this point and we were knackered and now I'm struggling to remember everywhere else we actually went into, and I need to stop saying 'and'. 

Before we went to wait for the train (we actually had to wait for this one, rather than jump on it at the last minute) Feef went and bought one of the smallest Machiato's I've ever seen - her whole hand could cover it, and she has tiny hands!

We had a great, girly day, now we just wish we hadn't spent all of our money so that we could go back and do it again!

(I had to put all of the pictures into a collage, there was that many!)

We made an impulse decision the next night for us all to go out, like a mini reunion for those of us who are back home from uni. Only problem was, I'd already arranged to go and see the Megan, Sophie and Daisy, so I had to pay a flying visit to their house (I pretty much did fly in and out of the door, too!). The night resulted in a lot of alcohol and a lot of pouting - I'm not even sure why we were pouting so much, we're obviously just too cool for school! I don't drink that much either, so I guess there wasn't that much alcohol for me. Every picture I have from the night was what we found on Snapchat the next day - some of us were definitely drunker than others, I'm proud to say I was not one of those - It was an phenomenal night full of laughter and a whole lotta new 'drunk jokes'.


Anything interesting been happening elsewhere?

Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Wow
    Hola soy nuevo por acá. Que manera de aprovechar el día. super cargados de emoción.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's lovely to meet new people! The past few days have been completely full with fun and excitement - it's the best way to spend them, in my opinion - we only get one life so we better live it the best we can! :))

      Katie x

      Delete