Thursday 11 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

I've seen this tag on quite a few blogs lately and I love seeing everyone's responses so I thought why not do it myself and get into the Christmas spirit!



1.
What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?

This could be a never-ending list if I'm not careful, but I'd say my all time favourite has to be The Santa Clause; it's hilarious! When I first watched it I was probably only about four or five and my brother used to constantly tease me that he was going to go and knock Santa off the roof so that he could become him. It's one of those movies that I have to watch every Christmas time when I want to get all festive = I find the best way to do it is to have a marathon with all three movies, one after the other.

2.
Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Always on Christmas day. I've heard of the tradition of opening them on Christmas Eve but I don't know anyone who does. It wouldn't feel like Christmas day to me if we didn't spend the morning opening presents.

3.
Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

Christmas is, and always has been, one of my favourite times of year yet I can't actually think of a specific memory. I think it's because every Christmas is as brilliant and amazing as the last! I just love that it's the one time of year that my whole family come together at my grandma's house and we always have a great day.

4.
Favourite festive food?

Pigs in blankets, without a doubt. It's the only time of year we eat them and, oh my god, what kind of Christmas dinner would it be without them?!

5.
Favourite Christmas gift?

This is going to sound really weird to anyone who doesn't know me but a Ted Baker pen that my mum got me for Christmas last year. I only ever use it when I'm writing stories and it's probably one of my most prized possessions, I can't explain how upset I'd be if I lost it.

6.
Favourite Christmas scent?

I love the smell of mulled wine and cinnamon candles that you can usually only find at Christmas time, mmm, yep, they're the best.

7.
Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

I don't actually think we do... My mum and I tend to snuggle up and watch a Christmas movie whilst we wait for me stepdad to finish work, does that count?

8.
What tops your tree?

Well this one depends. I normally help decorate the tree at my mum's house and at my grandma and grandad's house and then I live between the two. If we're going to go with my mum then it's been a star for the past several years. If we're going with my grandparents, my grandma always has an angel topping the tree, always

9.
As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

I honestly don't think there was one... Apart from a giraffe. Every year that would go on my list, even though I knew it would never happen - Santa was always very thoughtful though and got me something giraffe-related, whether it be a cuddly toy or clothes or something else! Other than that I don't think there was anything I asked for and every year woke up hoping and half-expecting it to be the year. I was more likely to ask for more books than Santa could carry, I did circle half the Argos catalogue after all, as well as spend my nights making a list of all the books I hoped to read!

10.
What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Definitely Christmas day with my whole family. I normally open presents with my mum on Christmas morning and then my grandad will come and pick me up just before 12 and I'll go and help my grandma set up for the rest of the family coming in the afternoon and then we spend the entire night laughing and eating. It's the best time of year for us.

I'm in the festive spirit now, I think I'm going to have to go and have a Christmas movie marathon now! 

Here are a few of my favourite Christmas tags that I've read so far:


Be Beautiful

MakeupSavvy
Chloe's Way
Peaches and Smoke

Enjoy!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment