Sunday 3 August 2014

Curious Dreams

Hello!

Whilst I was at work today I was pondering on last nights dream, trying to figure out what the hell it means and I thought "you know what, this is something I need to blog about it", so here I am, blogging about my weird dreams. As you do.

Last nights was one of the strangest dreams I've had in a long time, where, basically, my brother was half giraffe.

Yep. Your eyes aren't deceiving you; that does say "half giraffe".

Just so you don't think I'm a complete nutter, I'll take this moment to point out that my brother is actually very tall - 6ft 6inches... maybe even 6ft 7, I can't remember. He's closer to the height of a giraffe than most people, anyway, but still, he's not quite at the 18 feet he'd need to be to compete with a giraffe, and he definitely doesn't have the neck or spindly legs that giraffes have. In my dream though, he had the extra long neck and it's an image that has scarred me for life! 

I have no idea where this dream came from, apart from the fact I have an epic love affair with giraffes... It's not the weirdest dream I've ever had (yup, there have been some a lot stranger) but it did freak me out when I woke up. Obviously there was a lot more to it than just my brother being a giraffe but I'm worried that some of you might already think I should be in a hospital for the mentally insane, I don't want you to think I'm in any more need of it than you already do!

I once dreamed my mama and I were trapped in this massive Hogwarts-style castle and we couldn't figure out how to escape - in the end, my mum was literally able to breathe fire in the dream and I could fly like Peter Pan (I wish), and that was how we escaped; like some kind of flying, fire-breathing dragon! I mean my mama sure can be a scary lady if you get on her bad side (I've learnt to stay well away from it!) but I wouldn't go as far as saying she's fire breathing - I know better ;).


I used to study psychology but I only did AS level (I don't know what that's equal to in any other country but I was 16/17 years old in that school year) and then I decided I'd rather continue with both English's and History for my second year of A-levels. As much as I loved my choice of subjects in my final year, part of me wishes I'd carried on with Psychology, just so I could psychoanalyse my dreams and find out what the hell is wrong with my brain - I bet I would find out some weird and wonderful things about myself. 

Anyway, before I make myself sound any weirder than I already have, I'm going to shut up and stop there!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has freaky, weird dreams - I need your reassurance!

Katie x

(P.s. there is currently a spider crawling across my ceiling and I'm really trying not to freak out but it's not going so well!)

(P.p.s. As I was writing this I googled giraffes; did you know that hundreds of years ago they used to have antlers?! Also, their hearts weigh nearly 25 pounds - that's taking the saying "heavy heart" a bit too literally!)

1 comment:

  1. When you sleep, your brain tries to recollect memories and the events happened during the day, your thoughts and tries to process them. This is where all things get mixed up and a senseless dream is formed which we termed as weird. It's alright. I have those kinda dreams too :)

    ReplyDelete