Tuesday 5 August 2014

Music Crush #9

Hello!

Sorry about the lateness of this weeks Music Crush but I've had a lovely day out with the Big Little Ones and then a pamper night and somehow I only managed to get back an hour ago... I honestly don't know where the time went!

I've been really indecisive about what song to choose this week. I've been listening to 5 Seconds of Summer's debut album on loop for most of it but I feel like I'd be cheating making them my Music Crush because they got their chance to shine only a few weeks ago. Therefore, I was left with the task of trying to find another song I've been loving just as much. The next song that came to me was a one by The Script, but they were last weeks Music Crush!

 Then it came to me. This weeks Music Crush should be...

*DRUM ROLL*

MAGIC!
~~~
Rude


This is definitely not the kind of music I normally listen to but I'm in love with it!

I originally heard the beat to the song on an amazing rendition sang by a father who didn't want a certain man to marry his daughter - it's hilariously amazing - and I googled what the song it was originally based on was and found this one. 

I think it's just something about the laid-back tone to it that I love. It seems so chilled. The lead singer, Nasri, has a reggae sound to his voice, a bit Bob Marley-like to a certain extent, and it makes the song seem less about a serious topic and more about just being content.

So here is the original song by MAGIC! for you to listen to:


And if you fancy listening to a father's response to the song, which is one of the best things I've heard in a long time, then here you go!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment