Tuesday 12 August 2014

5 Things to Do When You're Sick

Hello!

I looked after Daisy on Sunday when she wasn't very well and it appears I now have her sickness bug - throwing up everywhere and all of that gross stuff (TMI, by the way...). Needless to say, my bed and I have been best friends today whilst the bathroom has just been interfering with our relationship.

I always struggle when I'm poorly because I hate feeling like I have no energy - something you know you're lacking when you don't even have the strength to turn the bath taps with your nimble toe skills, but you also can't be bothered to sit up and reach for them, so you just sit as the water gets colder and you look at it wishing you could just make it heat up by staring at it. Yep, you guessed right, this has happened to me today.

My lack of energy and inability to want to do anything means I always get bored and end up feeling sorry for myself, so here are 5 things to do when you're a poorly little thing (they might even help you feel a bit better!).

1.

Watch lots of movies!

Snuggle up in your duvet, either in bed or on your sofa, and watch tons of feel-good movies. Personally, I always end up watching Mary Poppins because I lurvvv her! If you're not sure what to watch though, then HERE is a list of feel-good movies that I wrote a little while ago - there's some good uns', even if I do say so myself!

2.

Hugs.

I'm soooo soppy when I'm ill, I just want constant hugs and baby-ing, so hugs are always a good thing when you're ill, they make you feel oodles better, too - you just have to find someone to hug who doesn't care that you're highly contagious...

3.

Go outside.

A funny one to think of doing if you're not well but don't go far - obviously, you have no energy, remember! - you don't want to spread your germs either. Just go sit in your garden if it's nice weather, fresh air can never be a bad thing. Unfortunately, this isn't something I've been able to do thanks to the tail-end of Mrs Hurricane Bertha that's hit England; I don't fancy sitting in a torrential down-pour, thunder and wild gales.

4.

Sleep... Lots.

Let's be honest, sleeping is never a bad thing but it's definitely not going to hurt when you're sick, sleep it all off, that's my advise for the day.

5.

Take a lovely, long, luxurious bath.

Any excuse to have a bath - add a nice, smelly bath bomb too, if you can - light a few candles and just lie there and relax! 

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment