Sunday 3 August 2014

Hair Problems

Hello!

Hair dye. Yep, we’re going there.

I’m nineteen years old and I have never once dyed my hair, I think I deserve a massive pat on the back for that, it's quite the achievement in my opinion! Every single one of my friends has dyed their hair at least once, most several, and I have not once given into the peer pressure! I’ve been getting really bored of my hair lately, though and I want to do something different with it. 

I’m against cutting it all off because, one; I’ve been growing it for a hell of a long time to get it to the length it’s at, and two; I’ll only like my short hair for a few months, max, and then I’ll want long hair again – something that I can’t just grow back at the click of my fingers.

I’ve tried fringes, no fringes, side fringes, all fringes and, again, I like them for a few months then I get bored of them too.

Then the other night I had a dream in which my hair was an ombré of my natural, dark brown colour and a honey blonde at the ends and it has made me seriously think about doing it. My problem? I’m not brave enough.

My hair is the one thing I love, and always have loved, about myself; I love the colour, I love it’s style (most of the time), it’s not really difficult to manage like some people’s, my hair has always been pretty nice to me and I’m scared, no, terrified, of ruining it.
I don’t want to do something as extreme as dye my hair and not like it, then not be able to get it back to my original colour and healthiness. I over-think, I know.

I’m so indecisive too, I can’t ever make a decision - I struggle to decide what I want for dinner every night! Even if I’m sure of which choice I want, I won’t make the decision in case someone else doesn’t agree!

I also considered maybe just putting in a few, little mulberry/cranberry red streaks but, again, I’m not quite brave enough, although I think that wouldn’t be quite as drastic as going full on blonde at the tips of my hair… I think a dark red could easily be disguised to with my colour hair if I decided I didn't like it.

I don’t knowwwww… I probably won’t end up doing it but I’d like to think I might. I really do want to… We’ll see...


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment