Friday 27 June 2014

A Bit Too Much Adventure

Hello!

Yesterday was just one of those days! My brother, his wife and one of my nephew's, James, decided to go to the Newcastle Metro Centre and I decided to tag along!

We had big plans for the day and it was supposed to be super relaxed... Not quite the way it turned out. No. We broke down. We could see the "Welcome to Newcastle Upon Tyne" sign and then the car started to judder along the road. We pulled into a lay-by to try and figure out the problem but, after figuring out we didn't have any breakdown cover, we spoke to a mechanic and decided it was going to be just as well to chug it along to the Metro Centre.

We eventually got there, and there was definitely no way we were ruining the rest of our day by constantly worrying about!

Lunch at Pizza Hut then led to a good shop - and we came away with a lot of Primark bags... Actually, I didn't get that much, just a top and some socks (I live on the edge, obviously) but no one else skimped on the clothes.


I spent a lot of my time drooling when we went into Paperchase, I couldn't help it! I managed to stop myself from buying anything though - I did see a notebook I already own in the sale though, I didn't look to see how much it was; I didn't  want to depress myself over how much I could have saved!

Once we managed to get hold of the RAC we treated ourselves to a nice little Starbucks and a Krispy Kreme each. Yummy! Did you know Newcastle has a drive thru Starbucks?! Not that we could use it seen as the car had decided to go into hibernation, but still! They should have more drive thru Starbucks!




Anyway, the lovely RAC man came and fixed the car and we were back on a very slow and extremely cautious journey home - we didn't want to cause the little car to want to take a break again!


It was a very giggly journey home thanks to Jj! He's going through his copy-cat phase, needless to say when his mama coughed he copied, we all laughed and, because he thought it was funny, he didn't stop, which just made us laugh more!



There was no better way to end my day than a bath, an episode of Suits and a piece of Malteser cake.


All in all, although a little bit more adventurous than we were hoping for, it was a great, little day out!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment