Thursday 26 June 2014

An Unlawful Obsession

Hello!

Before anybody gets the wrong idea, I'm not into anything like drugs or something that is actually illegal! Promise!

No, I have a new found obsession in an American TV show, Suits.


Anybody who lives in America will probably know that 'Suits' is a common term used for lawyers but not so much here in England - however, I'm not going to say no to a man in a suit. Who doesn't love a man who scrubs up well in a suit; it just makes them look so much tidier and more appealing... In my opinion... Anyway, let's get back to the actual show and off the topic of how hot a man in a suit looks!

The show is about a guy, Mike Ross, who gets caught up in the wrong thing with a friend and somehow ends up getting a job in one of New York's biggest law firms, Pearson Hardman. He has the ability to remember anything he looks at, no matter what it is, making him pretty much brilliant at everything - I have seriously spent most of my time watching this show wishing I had his brain. He gets to work with, arguably, the best lawyer in New York, Harvey Specter, whilst he tries to hide his secret from everyone around him.

It's one of the best TV series I've ever seen. I'm hooked. Completely. My infatuation with the TV show and its characters should probably be illegal.

Most people probably think that some show to do with lawyers is going to be either boring or too serious but it's actually funny as hell at times as well, as managing to deal with the more serious aspects of being a lawyer. 

The relationship between Mike and Harvey deals with lots of twists but they always manage to keep it serious and humorous at the same time, which I love... And they both wear suits nearly all the time, just saying. I also love Donna's character - she is just freaking, amazingly hilarious. Her ability to gossip astounds me! She's just awesome. But she doesn't wear a suit. 

It's very kindly available for us English folk on Netflix too (which is where I found it), which, of course, means endless watching of each series!

It really is something else. I love it. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. Go watch it. You'll love it. Seriously. Love it.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment