Wednesday 30 July 2014

A Mid Week Pick-Me-Up #8

Hello!

This week's quote is dedicated to my best friend; she's on holiday at the moment but I'm seriously missing her and I thought this quote described our friendship perfectly!


"The best friendships usually steal up on you, you don't remember their start point." - You Had Me At Hello (Mhairi McFarlane)


This is one of the truest quotes about friendship that I've ever heard... or read, actually (it's from a really great book, you should give it a read). I know that I certainly don't remember when my best friend and I became the best of friends. I do remember when we first met because it was over a skipping rope and she likes to constantly remind me of that story, but that's definitely not where we became friends!

I don't think I remember the start point to any of my best friendships, maybe it's just because the best ones have been around for that long I can't remember far enough back, or it's because the friendships happened that quickly that I just don't know how to pinpoint the start point.

I've definitely had my fair share of "bad" friendships because, as my best friend likes to constantly remind me, I'm a softy and let people off with things because its easier than arguing with them - I really don't get on well with confrontation, I'm too quiet and shy for all that!

I don't know what I'd do without my closest friend some days; she's always there for me and I think she knows more about me than I do! We both go to different universities too, which can take its toll on some friendships (I know it has on other friendships of mine), but we still text all the time, and skype; we even started sending each other actual written letters, I loved that, it was super cute - not enough people hand-write letters anymore! 

No matter how far away from each other we are, we still tell each other everything and any problems we have we always tell the other first. I know that if I'm feeling a bit down or something really bad has happened, she is going to be the one person who can pull me out of that and pick me up. 

Soooo, my best friend is this weeks mid week pick-me-up because she's always there to pick me up and I'll always be there to pick her up. Awww, all the feels and the mushiness (sorry!).

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment