Monday 28 July 2014

Music Crush #8

Hello!

Now I'd hate to miss a Music Crush and this week's is extra epic, so I've dragged myself out of my bed to get my laptop and write this one up!

It seems fitting this song should be the eighth music crush because eight is my favourite number... because everyone has a favourite number... right?

I've been waiting for this particular song forever. It has been nearly two years since the last album was released and I've spent those two years waiting. And waiting. And waiting. BUT the wait is finally over!

This week's Music Crush is...

The Script
~~~
Superheroes


The Script have always been one of my favourite bands, so I knew before the song was even released that I was going to obviously love it!

Although this song was going to be an obvious favourite of mine, I think it's definitely one of their best yet. I would even say it's good competition for Hall of Fame (the first single from their last album, #3) which I thought was one of their best, along with the likes of The Man Who Can't Be Moved and Nothing. There is no beating the beauty and catchy-beat of this song, though.

The one thing I think The Script are brilliant at is lyric-writing, and the lyrics are the part of a song that I love more than anything.

All the hurt, all the lies
All the tears that they cry
When the moment is just right
You see fire in their eyes

They say so much about the strength in a person. The people who are constantly being shot down and the ones people think are weak, they're the superheroes because they've fought the hardest to stay where they are and not let all the hurt drag them down.

Anyhoo, lyric analysis over, I'm in love. This song is all I want to listen to right now - I can't wait for it to be released on iTunes and then I can buy it and listen to it as much as I want, whenever I want, wherever I want!

So, in case you haven't already guessed, this is the best song you will listen to right now and you should definitely open up your ears to it, they'll thank you for it!



Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment