Sunday 13 July 2014

The Blacksmith Arms

Hello!

I've been for a delicious meal with my grandparents, before I start work today - it was scrummy!

I'm not sure if there are any observant readers out there who read the boring location bit of my blog posts but, if there are any, you will notice that they alternate a lot between Cumbria and Lockerbie; one being my mums home, the other being my grandparents. I visit them a lot in the summer holidays, so my having a job now is slightly putting that off track!

Anyway, to make up for it we went for a lovely meal (and pudding, obviously) to the Blacksmith Arms, in Talkin Tarn. It's my grandad and I's first choice of place to go if we're on a rare occasion of eating out. 

The food there is amazing. There aren't enough words in the English language to describe just how good it is, and as for the chocolate fudge cake, it makes my mouth water just at the thought of it... Mmmmm.

I did mean to take a picture of how yummy the food looks but I started eating it before I remembered - oops!

Talkin Tarn is a beautiful place and the Blacksmiths is only a few minutes away from it. It's super scenic and there are oodles of different walking trails too, for the walkers out there!







It's such a stunning and charming little place that it definitely deserves a visit, especially if you don't live too far from it. Take advantage of these lovely, uncommon English summer days and go visit Talkin Tarn.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment