Sunday 6 July 2014

Just Another Little Shopping Spree

Hello!

If you read THIS post, from yesterday, you will know that my best friend and I took a day out for a shopping trip in Newcastle!

I didn't go crazy (although I really wanted to), due to the whole summer-means-no-student-finance-which-means-no-money situation, but I thought I would share the things I did buy with you!



(Like last time, I'll add a little collage at the end of the clothes being worn because I know how different things can look until you see them on someone).

An essential to any students shopping trip is Primark, of course.

Primark - £8.00

I used to have a bag extremely similar to this which was also from Primark but the clasp finally broke a few months ago, probably because of my extreme over-usage of it... Anyway, I saw this one and thought it was similar, just a different colour, and thought it would do as a good replacement for the one that's gone to handbag heaven (R.I.P. little bow bag). 

I really like this bag and, as you can see, I've already started using it. The only thing is, it's a little bit of a tight squeeze to fit a lot in and I always like to stuff useless and pointless things in my bag, but maybe it will teach me to be more ruthless!

Top - Primark - £3.50
Shorts - Primark - £4.00

How cute are these pj's?!

I have a pajama obsession. I definitely have more sets of pajama's than necessary BUT I only have one set of short pj's, so these were a necessity! Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself. I know there's not much need for short pajamas in England but we're having a particularly hot spell of weather at the moment (or hot for us English people, anyway) and I can't stand being too hot on a night. So, I bought these. Don't judge. I need pajamas.

Primark - £6.00 each

Two cardigans, one in black and one in navy blue. A bit boring but they were needed - even though it's kind of hot in England at the moment, you still need to take some sort of cardigan or cover-up; the weather can change quicker than you can click your fingers here!

Primark - £6.00

Oh hai there, little bag!

Okay, so I didn't really need another bag. It's cute though, right? I already found a use for it when I went out the other night (also explained in yesterday's blog post, *hint* *hint*). It's actually a really good size. I managed to fit my purse, phone, a small amount of make-up (mascara, lipstick, etc.) a little tin with hair grips and hair ties in it and something else that I can't even remember now in it. So it's perfect if you're trying to be concise and limit what you take out with you.

Primark - £4.00

This one was actually from when I went on a day out with my brother a few weeks ago (I blogged about the day HERE, if you're interested) but I thought I'd just add it to this post, considering it was the only thing I bought that day.

It's definitely not something I would normally pick up, never mind buy, but I was obviously feeling extra brave that day and went for it. It's super pretty actually! The colour and the pattern just scream spring/summer to me. I just need to get used to the round neck, I don't normally wear anything with a high neck but I think the top is lovely. It's a little bit on the big side for me but I don't think it looks bad being a tad too big because it's made of a meshy kind of material. I would wear a vest top under it seeing as it's see-through, but the light material makes it cool for a warmer climate!

Dorothy Perkins - Wallis - £12.75 (with student discount)

Now this was from Dorothy Perkins, or Wallis in Dorothy Perkins, to be exact. The colour is what caught my attention - it's sooooo bright! It's definitely something new for me; I don't normally go for colours this bright but I do love pink so I had to buy it. Once again, it's something good for the warm weather because it's a sheer kind of material and light and airy.

Boots - Benefit - £15.50

Alas, the £15 eyebrow pencil I told you about yesterday (it was actually £15.50). It's by Benefit so obviously it was going to be expensive but Benefit are normally a great brand so I splashed out. 

I really didn't want to use it once I bought it - all I could think was "don't ruin this, Katie. You paid £15 for it - don't be your usual clumsy self with it!". I did finally bring myself to use it though and it's amazing. It's the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used. I'm not much of a make-up person but, if I'm going out somewhere, I'll always at least use concealer, mascara and an eyebrow pencil (there's my little tip of the day!). It's the perfect colour for my eyebrows, stays on incredibly well and it has a little spooly thing (is that what you call it?) on the other end to tidy them up! As my friend said when she convinced me to buy it - it will last at least twice as long as any cheap one you would buy because you don't have to top it up and it's amazing quality.

And that's everything!

It was a lovely little day out and who doesn't love a bit of relaxed retail therapy?!

I hope you liked this little shopping insight, let me know what you thought or if you've bought any pretty summer-y things lately!




A candid moment of me falling over mid-twirl to end - I'm so graceful - thank god the bed was there, or that could have been more painful than it actually was!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment