Monday 21 July 2014

Music Crush #7

Hello!

I have a playlist on my iTunes called "Clever Little Thing" (whitty name, as always...) which automatically puts every song which is rated four stars or above into it. Well, I've been listening to that this week and it's reacquainted me with some oldies that I'd completely forgotten about.

This week's song is a little old and different...

La la la la la la la la la...

Hannah Montana
~~~
I'll Always Remember You


I can feel all your judgments and I'm hurt...

I can bet a lot of you used to watch Hannah Montana, too or you at least listened to her!

This song is such a sad one for us Hannah Montana lovers because, *HUGE SPOILER* this is when she makes the decision it's time to reveal who Hannah Montana really is *gasp*!

I youtube'd the song to remind me of the actual scene the song was in and I remembered it instantly just from the still image. I remember when I watched that episode, I think I was about 14/15 and I'd been watching Hannah Montana since the first ever episode, so I loved the way it flashed back through her memories. In case you can't tell, I was a bit of a Hannah Montana obsessive for a small portion of my life.

It's the lyrics to this song that I really love though, you don't have to like Hannah Montana (or Miley Cyrus) to appreciate them.

But yesterday's gone we gotta keep moving on
I'm so thankful for the moments so glad I got to know ya
The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph
And hold you in my heart forever
I'll always remember you

These lyrics mean a lot to me because of things that have happened in my personal life but I think they can mean so many different things to so many different people, whether it be about family or just your best friends. I know that these lyrics are something that stuck by me when it came to going to university and leaving home and my friends because I knew that some I might not see again.



Whilst I'm on a bit of a Hannah Montana binge, I'm going to mention another Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus song that I love, for the lyrics (although I obviously loved (and cried a lot) when it was shown on Hannah Montana, too!).

In fact, just before I reveal the song, if you look at the lyrics to any Hannah Montana song, they all have a lot of truth to them and they aren't all about love and romance, which I think is why I like a lot of them. I find a lot of songs these days are about love or break-ups, not just about life. We need more songs about life, something we all have a lot of!

Wherever I Go

The lyrics in this song are incredible.

Whoever wrote that song deserves a Grammy... or whatever award it is you get for writing brilliant songs.

I've always got the memories while I'm finding out who I'm gonna be
We might be apart but I hope you always know
You'll be with me wherever I go

I know that I'm often scared of moving on because I don't want to lose anyone but as long as we have memories then we shouldn't be scared about moving on. It's a positive thing. We have to make new memories or we'd have a pretty boring life if we were just living on memories of the past.

Think of your memories as an easy, portable, limitless scrapbook. You will never forget the best memories, no matter how many more you make.

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment